Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Man!

We started Father's Day yesterday evening.  After a long day at work, daddy needy a little DQ.
 The kids made these at JoAnn's Fabrics for Daddy



 I love listening to my Dad play the guitar.  One of my favorite things!!!  I haven't heard him play in years!!!  It was so nice to listen to him.
 My brother Jared, my Dad and Me.
I love my Dad.  I have been so blessed to have him.  He has such a soft heart, and is truly a humble man.  He is amazingly hard working and soooo patient and loving.  I don't know if my dad ever gets mad, he always tries to see from the other persons perspective.  He never talks ill about anyone.  If he has some thought he wants to say, he says it right to you.  I am going to be really sad when he leaves for Missouri.  I love talking with him sooo much and hanging out with him and the family.  He finds joy in the simplest things, mostly just seeing us, or my siblings.  And he gives the best hugs. I love him for that.  My dad would sing me to sleep with the "Star Spangled Banner" as an infant and rub my eyebrows.....  I know it sounds silly, but it worked.  I was a horrible baby.  He still has a way of calming me, no matter what.  When I was pregnant with my first, and crying over the unknown.  It was my Dad who sat and comforted me and told me everything would be ok.  Despite what the world thought.  Daddy, I love you.  I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day!
 Papa Nui loves his grandkids, so I posted a bunch of pictures.
 Ileana in her Tinkerbell swim suit, with her Tinkerbell umbrella, singing "Singing in the Rain/Umbrella" from Glee and dancing.

 Ikaia is 4 months old now!  And he has 2 teeth!!


 Here's Pono with Mychaila, Ani and Napela at TVA.  I'm so grateful for him and the wonderful Father he is.
 He used to put Napela to sleep everynight just like this.  It was so cute!
 Daddy enjoying time with the kids.
 He sings the word popcorn, loves the hotdogs at Sam's, plays "where's the ornament" at Christmas, loves to hang with the fam......denies the use of clippers, or scissors or blades, rolls hard on the bus to work for the day.......anchovies grace the surface of a once perfect pie, for the one CiCi's calls, "Ed's here, anchovie for the guy"!  Movie theaters are for slumber, clothes hangers to rig parts for a car, food is for eating for most but turns Dad into a dancing star......a perfect row of teeth with a smile that charmed our mother, but when Dad toots his horn, mom says, "oh brother"!  Standing at a height attained by only one, with the other two not far behind, just a hair shy of that son.  His two daughters youngest, walk the path of "heightened" glory, just like his sons but not as tall, one just shy of mother-dear and the other over six feet tall.......His legacy lives on shared with the girl he married, Karen Lee, through his daughters, Kelci and Kailee, and his sons three, Pono, Jordan and Keli'i. 
Napela writes letters to us all the time.  This letter he wrote to Daddy the other day.  I thought it quite fitting for today.  Happy Father's Day