Sunday, June 13, 2010

This past week was sooooo eventful. First our horse friends left, but they invited us to come and ride anytime on the weekend. SOOOO COOOL!!! Friday was King Kamehameha Day. So we went and watched hula and made some miniture kahili's. It was really neat learning the meaning behind the different feathers too. Kupuna dancing hula.
Afterwards we went to Queen Liliuokalani Garden to take pictures. The kids were more interested in the crabs.
They thought they found a lobster.
Ileana posing. She got the scratch in her sleep, and won't leave it alone, so it is still there.


Obsessed with looking for crabs!
Then this Saturday we of course went and rode horses. We also were able to watch him shoe the horse. Plus we scrubbed and brushed the horse. Mychaila even braided the horses hair. The kids LOVE Patches.
This boy was soooo giddy excited to ride! He rode with the owners daughter. Its her horse. The horse and her are a barrel winner at the rodeo. But he is sooo tender to the kids.
Yep, I rode too.
See, such a sweet horse. Ileana kept petting him.



My little climber...still....Pono was right there, just out of the pic.

Ani checking everything out.

Mychaila riding the horse all by herself. Yep, she was one happy girl. She did a great job. I was having a hard time with the camera, so isn't the best shot. I have more videos, but my computer is acting up, so I will post later.


4 comments:

Terry and Kelci said...

Nice! Ikeke would have loved the horses. Oh brother...Mychaila got to ride by herself. Looks like you guys are having a good time on the BI. Sweet.

TheAndFam said...

Oh Christa, how do you stay so dang skinny??!! Ugh!! I need to take some lessons from you! You're kids are so dang cute!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Dan and Dee said...

You all look great. We are thinking of coming to Oahu in October. If we do it would be fun to see your family and your in laws.
I'll let you know b/c there is an outside chance we won't be able to come. We are looking at places on the North Shore.